Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Valuable feedback is priceless. Plus, you can get some extra Render Points :)

TOPIC: Issues as of February 1 maintenance break failure

Issues as of February 1 maintenance break failure 2 years 11 months ago #992

• aip3Ddep
  • New RayPumper
I do not see any topic header that covers this exact incident. There are many other users who posted problems I notice from the past month that are similar but not specifically the same cause.

My issues started the day before, on January 31st, the day before the website indicated there was a main hardware failure.
I was being kicked off line, and renders would stop then show an error message "failed to initiate". Some of the frames downloaded but I had to restart the job. The next time it went I came back the next morning and the same error showed up but no frames download. I then was kicked off and it couldn't log on.
This morning it lets me log back on but I can not download any of the frames that did finish.

I still love this service, but unfortunately I am missing my deadline today and I have to render elsewhere. I would like a refund on my points lost and hopefully things will be working next time I need to render.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Issues as of February 1 maintenance break failure 2 years 10 months ago #1029

• aip3Ddep
  • New RayPumper
I'm now logged back in to check on the status of everything and the maintenance break notice is gone from the main site. So I am curious if there is any way to refund the points I lost that day? I couldn't use the renders I did since it was so little and I rendered with another service.

Any reply about this would be great. I would like to use RP for my next project when it comes up.

Thanks!

Issues as of February 1 maintenance break failure 2 years 9 months ago #1031

• blending software ideas
  • melon
  • PumpOperator
Hello,

First things first - so sorry to keep you waiting for response.
If you can sum up how many Render Points were lost, please let me know, I'll organize refund.

Issues as of February 1 maintenance break failure 2 years 9 months ago #1039

• aip3Ddep
  • New RayPumper
So how should I submit my estimate? Just post it on here or should I email you? I have all of my activity from January 29th to February 1st which was the time period that there were problems with the server before it died. I believe it was somewhere around 3500 points.

Issues as of February 1 maintenance break failure 2 years 9 months ago #1045

• aip3Ddep
  • New RayPumper
I still have not heard back, and how do you prefer I to let you know about my missing points? Is there a particular claim procedure?

Issues as of February 1 maintenance break failure 2 years 9 months ago #1046

• blending software ideas
  • melon
  • PumpOperator
I've reassigned 3500 Render Points to your account. Service now seems to be stable, so I hope you'll find it more useful :)

Service maintenance

Forum actions

Users online

We have 381 guests and no members online