Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Valuable feedback is priceless. Plus, you can get some extra Render Points :)

TOPIC: Animation was rendered twice

Animation was rendered twice 2 years 4 months ago #1217

Hello raypumpers !

I have a question / bug to report.
I have uploaded a animation of 310 frames to be rendered last night.
The job was uploaded successfully on ray pump and job started.
Please note it was the only blender file opened at that time on the machine.
After some time while opening the frame tree i noticed there were 2 jobs sub-trees under the same animation folder (the one i was rendering at that time) .
Initially i thought: great! it split the job into two pieces and i could not find any duplicate frames between the two, but after returned in a few hours i saw that it actually doubled the animation render, in effect taking twice the time (and money) for the job.
When i downloaded the files it had indeed created 2 render folders one starting at frame 44 to frame 310 and the other starting at frame 1 towards frame 310 (i stopped the job to late at frame 260-something) :angry:

Any ideea what went wrong and how to stop this happening again?
Please say if you need any extra info i can provide mods.

details job in the print screen below

raypump.png

//Keep pumping//
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Animation was rendered twice 2 years 4 months ago #1218

just as an update... now one of my animation renders (aka PAID animation renders) has failed to download and it keeps failing.... and yes i needed that since the client is on his way.

Animation was rendered twice 2 years 4 months ago #1219

Ok , it seems the forums are dead, no mods reponding.
IF YOU ARE READING THIS DO NOT BUY PRO POINTS !!!! total waste of money :(

Animation was rendered twice 2 years 4 months ago #1221

• blending software ideas
  • melon
  • PumpOperator
Sorry for delay, I can't guarantee faster response at this point.

I'm not sure what caused the issue, you've described - no one has ever reported similar problems, from what I can recall.
Are you sure it wasn't just re-scheduling the same scene twice? I think I could refund half of your costs for this animation, but lets try to solve the issue first. Do you have any more clues, at this point?

Animation was rendered twice 2 years 4 months ago #1222

i was running ubuntu 14.04.03 - latest patch blender 2.75 and the ray-pump program. /i5 processor/ 4gb of ram
i clicked render on ray-pump in blender and checked the program . the job was 1 folder (for i only pressed the button once!) and it had 2 sub-folders (witch was new to me) .. looked a t the sub-folders and it seamed that ray-pump had split the animation into different render job that were not identical (i actually counted the frames as i found it weird) . I was busy with other things , next thing i look and voila it was rendering in the sub-folders the rest of the animation frames that were ''missing'' in effect doubling or tripling the cost and render time.... so i downloaded them and pasted them one on top of the other to form the animation .

Now what was most distressing was the second job , the one we could not download and finished by clearing all on server side (check your logs) for it no longer shows in raypump program. As i had mentioned we needed those files, and because we could not download them we were quite pissed. When you use a render service online you do so becase you need it! fast.

ps: i still have the separated rendered animation folders showing the doubling of the render job if you need proof. (but check your logs)
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by visualskin.ro. Reason: remebered something

Animation was rendered twice 2 years 4 months ago #1227

It all smells like a scam. you have people complaining about missing render points , you double taxed me by rendering animation twice and my last download failed (another waste of $). I wonder how fast you will delete my forum post.
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by visualskin.ro.

Animation was rendered twice 2 years 3 months ago #1257

Sooo when can i expect my render points back? just saying cause its been like 3 weeks ! :pinch: -imagine this emoticon with a angry face

Animation was rendered twice 2 years 3 months ago #1261

its been 5 days since last post... i must say again DO NOT USE THIS RENDER FARM FOR PROFESSIONAL WORK!!!

Animation was rendered twice 2 years 3 months ago #1262

• melon
  • PumpOperator
From what I understood, at some point you were not interested in using RayPump or refund.

Could you make a clear statement of how much Render Points has been lost/double priced?

Animation was rendered twice 2 years 3 months ago #1263

1300 - 700 redered twice and the rest just loist cause i could not download. When you say you refund you do so fast not wait 2 months!

Animation was rendered twice 2 years 3 months ago #1264

Confirming render points reimbursed . 1300 received.

Thank you

Animation was rendered twice 2 years 2 months ago #1268

• BlooFuut
  • New RayPumper
I'm not sure if my problem is related. I submitted a job today and while Raypump looked to divid it into parts and process, it returned duplicate frames. The full size frames (1280X720) were all bad because the objects showed pink. The duplicate frames showed the objects, but the frame size was reduced to 665x734, all unusable. All this cost 130 Render Points.

Any idea what went wrong? Can I get my Render Points refunded? Let me know if you need more info on the blend file.
Thanks,
Bfoot

fishfall0010.png

Animation was rendered twice 2 years 2 months ago #1269

• melon
  • PumpOperator
First: sorry to hear you had a problem with the service.

I've refunded lost Render Points.
And the most important: turn off the tiles. This option seems to be broken in some cases. I advise not to use it even for really big resolutions.

Service maintenance

Forum actions

Users online

We have 363 guests and no members online